Friday, February 14, 2014

This and That

  Hope you are having a wonderful Valentines day!
  I have been wanting to write a new post since last Sunday, but something always came up.
Anyway after a crazy busy week, I  found myself sitting with a cup of tea and thought this is a perfect minute to write to you.
     Yesterday I received happy mail! I received The original Home schooling series by Charlotte Mason. This was on my wish list for a year now and I am very thankful to be able to own this wonderful set. I will be keeping you posted on all the great new things I learn.
   On another note, we are thinking spring at our house, the kids are excited to get outside and get into the dirt. Isaiah who is three is looking forward to it the most. He has a new rake and shovel with a pair of gardening gloves so he can handle worms as he put it.
   I wanted to start a worm bin with the children this year. But we will see how that will go. Ordered our seeds and looking forward to planting!
 A new book I started reading to get some inspiration on gardening is called  Sunflower Houses by Sharon Lovejoy! Love her beautiful books. I also have another fun book by her called Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots. Just Lovely and fun reads. Blessings on your weekend, and I leave you today with another lovely poem.


          ~Home~
 I want to have a little House
with sunlight on the floor,

 A chimney with a Rosy Hearth,
and Lilacs by the door;

With windows looking East and West,
and a crooked Apple Tree,

And Room beside the Garden fence
For Hollyhocks to be!
      Nancy Bird Turner
                                               
  

No comments:

Post a Comment